Friday, August 6, 2010

New Rear Lights / Blinkers / Number Plate

I have been excited for the past few days as my replacement lights and rear fender eliminator had arrived from British-Customs.... and this morning I got up early to take part in one of the most enjoyable male past times....

 " Tinkering in the garage, without a real clue of what I'm doing "

On first inspection, the parts were of excellent quality and as to their word, it looks like these kits are truly a plug in, without any additional wiring to do.... 

The only fiddly part of the alterations was the making of blinker brackets, which in true Thruxton custom, I have attached to the " inside rear shock mounts ".. At the moment I have left these in polished stainless steel, but I may convince myself to paint these black one day. I am not quite sure which I prefer just now...

I have posted the steps below to show the before, during and after... I apologise for so many photo's, but I am trying to remain true to the cause of this blog, which is to document the life and times of Suzie

Before I started,  with the Rear Fender on

























































Various Pictures of Completion








































































All in all, I am extremely happy with the transformation and I can only speak highly of the kit supplied ... It truly makes for a simple job and gives the bike the clean lines that the original cafe' racers were renowned for.

The next piece of the puzzle in the air injection removal kit, which I have, but for now I am to eager to get out for a ride, so it will have to wait for a storm filled day, where I have no choice but to not be out on the open road, looking for the next set of twisties to test the cornering of British engineering at its retro best....

2 comments:

  1. She looks amazing with her transformation. Keep the updates coming.
    I look forward in seeing what you have in store for her next.
    Captain Cahill

    ReplyDelete
  2. GR8 work... we havent caught up for a track day in ages...give me a call ... TBayliss

    ReplyDelete