Monday, December 6, 2010

Falling In Love All Over Again



It's been a while since I have had time to update the growing pains of Thruxy, but never fear, the tinkering has been in full swing...

Energy to Burn

Over the past 2 months I have added a shim to the mid-range needle, along with drilling out the air hole in the diaphragm, from the standard 2.5mm to 3.0mm. In effect the throttle role on from idle, right through the mid range is an enormous improvement over standard and for now the tuning is as good as I would hope for, and perfectly matched to the open air box and predator pipes.

Growing Pains

Picture this... It was a perfect afternoon and I was on Thruxy for the first time in many weeks... The sun was so kindly kissing my shoulders, and the traffic was parting, as if everyone had agreed that I wasn't to be interrupted as I approached bend, after flowing bend. Everything was as it should be.. or was it  ?

Then as was lent over, sweeping through a round-about at a gentleman's pace, I hit a man hole and the suspension bottomed out... Nothing to worry about, I hear you say... Well nothing except that the rear fender eliminator was set to far in and the number plate and rear under guard past me, skidding across the road like a pebble skimming along on top of a pond... Ouch ! they had been ripped off by the rear tyre
With the damage done, I picked up the pieces and set to work when I got home...... This time I fabricated the under tail myself and made it 3cm longer ( just over an inch ), to ensure I didn't-live this nightmare any time soon....

Enjoying The Scenery

For now I am happy with the journey Thruxy has taken me on, and I think it is time to kick back and enjoy the scenery.  For me, it is not so much about the transformation that she has had, but the mere enjoyment she has bought back to my riding time...

Thruxy has me like a 16yr old learner, looking for every opportunity to take a ride, even if it is to the letter box and back. Sure I love my sports bike. Of course I do, but I am no longer looking for the perfect weather, with the smoothest roads, and a rest break every 45 minutes...

Thruxy always takes me through to the next re-fill without an ache insight... never in a rush... enjoying the scenery and always the long way round... with " time " the only spoiler, to the fun at hand...... now the only thing for me to work out is, how do I buy some time..?   

I know what you must be thinking... It sounds like Thruxy has me falling in love with fundamentals of riding all over again.... and you just may be right....

I have posted a few of the latest pictures below................


No comments:

Post a Comment